This is a Cornelius Parks & Recreation class hosted by
Lake Norman Community Sailing.
Fun fitness on the lake! This class is designed for beginners who have little to no experience paddleboarding. In this class we will learn how to properly use a paddleboard.
Each session will include:
- Stability challenges that will help you "stand up" on the board
- How to adjust and use your paddle
- How to read the lake for safety
- Fitness challenges to improve strength
- Stretches to help you relax
2023 Class Schedule
- June 3
- June 17
- July 15
- August 5
- September 2
Days/Times: All classes are Saturdays, 9:30-11:00am
Registration: Please click here to register. Cornelius Parks and Recreation handles all registrations, payments and questions.
Location: All classes take place at Lake Norman Community Sailing located within Blythe Landing Park. The park is on the right if heading west on Hwy 73. Drive all the way back into the park and LNCS is located in a log cabin on the left hand side. Students will meet outside by the paddleboards.
Cost: Per lesson, the Cornelius Resident Fee is $30 and Non-Resident Fee is $36
Ages: 12+; Under 18 must be accompanied by a parent.
Prerequisites: Must know how to swim. Must complete a waiver.
Max Class Size: 10 students
Clothing: Wear what is comfortable for your regular workout (tights, shorts, etc.) taking the weather into consideration. Keep in mind you may get wet so wear something that dries quickly. Bring a change of clothes just in case.
Equipment: LNCS will provide all necessary equipment, including life vest.
You will need to bring:
- Completed Waiver
- Comfortable workout clothes that dry quickly (dress for the weather; synthetic instead of cotton)
- Water Bottle
- Hat / Sunglasses with a strap to secure hat/glasses
- Water Shoes; shoes that strap on your feet and can get wet
- Change of clothes
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER