For a low 12-month fee, LNCS Members enjoy the following:
- Year round access to Lake Norman without the hassle of renting equipment each time you want to go out on the lake
- Equipment available seven days a week, sunrise to sunset
- Access to our fleet of Flying Scots, Sunfish, Stand Up Paddleboards (SUPs), kayaks
- Twice weekly structured Social Sails
- Keelboat charters
- Off-season seminars
Here's how it works:
- Become a Member: Purchase a membership online, by phone or in person and immediately begin using the SUPs, kayaks and coming to Social Sails (adults only), no sailing experience necessary.
- Call the office: Upon membership purchase, call the office to obtain the combo to unlock equipment and to learn about the equipment check-out process. It is simple. We do not have to be present for you to use our equipment.
- Skipper Check-Out: Sailors get their "skipper check-out" during a Social Sail on Wednesdays at 4:30pm or Saturdays at 9:00am (Saturday time varies). Once skipper qualified, you can check out a Sunfish or a Flying Scot on your own for open sailing. "Open sailing" is unsupervised sailing outside of scheduled events. During open sailing you may take guests along with you on the Flying Scot and keelboats.
- Social Sails: Members must sign-up to attend Social Sails. Social Sails are for adults only. Click here to sign up for a Social Sail.
- Sunfish Sailing: If you have taken the Flying Scot or Sunfish Learn to Sail class, you are immediately qualified to use the Sunfish. Just let us show you how to rig it.
- Beginner sailors are encouraged to take our Learn to Sail class (Flying Scot or Sunfish $300) in addition to attending Social Sails.
- Guests: Members can bring guests on the SUPs and kayaks for $15 per guest.
Please feel free to call us with any questions: (704) 947-7245.
Payment is required at time of registration. All transactions incur a $3 registration fee. You may pay in person with cash or check or mail a check indicating the pass you are purchasing. All participants must complete a Waiver.