FRIDAY, MAY 15TH UPDATE
Re-Open will go as planned at noon!
Clubhouse will not be open. And I've learned the County public bathrooms are not open. Plan accordingly.
Sunfish are already on the dock with more boats up top (Thank you, Roger Musser). Sunfish rigs are in the "oar" shed where they normally are.
Look for 1 and 2-gallon pump sprayers with clorox mix to use on paddleboards, kayaks and Sunfish.
Scots will have individual hand-held pump sprayers onboard.
BYOP (bring your own PFD).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE: Since the shutdown, I have receives dozens of calls and emails and texts about re-opening and also about how people can help. I appreciate all those calls. I've tried to answer all of those inquiries, and I'm excited to now share what's on the horizon.
OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THE COMMUNITY:
Our Board has been regularly meeting on Zoom to figure out a way to safely re-open for current members. We feel LNCS - with the proper precautions - is a wonderful and safe way to get people outside and make their lives better, happier, healthier. We strongly believe we are being presented with a great opportunity to help the community. We know there is pent up demand for people to get outside. Please prepare to come out and enjoy your membership...and by all means tell a friend about the opportunity to enjoy LNCS.
A lot to announce and many things to do, so I'll get right to it. Please read all of the way down to the bottom.
PLAN TO RE-OPEN: Since our shutdown, 50 members have not renewed their memberships. We understand that completely. We need to re-open in order for people to want to re-new.
The LNCS Board had another meeting yesterday on Zoom, and we've come up with a re-opening plan. We'll call this Phase I. It offers quite a bit of activity for our members, but also has a few important restrictions/limits and guidelines that are important to follow. There is a Phase II planned.
This plan is a plan, subject to approval by the County and also depends on volunteers being able to follow certain basic guidelines. I will send out another message prior to Friday at noon.
THE PLAN - PHASE I: Effective this Friday, May 15th at noon, the following activities will be available for members:
- Sunfish sailing
- Scot "Open Sailing" for members who are checked out
- MacKenBri sailing for keelboat members who are checked out
Members are reminded about CDC guidelines
which trickle down to the County level (Meck County is our landlord). Part of that is the 6-foot rule, the 10-person rule, and wearing of face coverings. Note: Many sailors these days are already wearing face coverings for UV protection and to keep cool. These sleeves of material are available at many outdoor stores.
We will also be allowing for equipment to be cleaned in between uses. Each Scot and MacKenBri will have a spray bottle with a bleach mix. Other equipment can be cleaned with a pump sprayer with the same solution. These pump sprayers will be in the Sunfish rig/SUP/paddle house as well as on the dock.
- You must renew your membership and ensure LNCS has an updated waiver before using equipment.
- The clubhouse will be closed.
- Use the public bathrooms near the public ramps
- Bring your own PFD. PFDs will not be available (exception: Learn-to-Sail classes)
- Make sure your equipment is tied up/put away correctly. We have no official staff during this time; everything is volunteer driven.
- Do not come to LNCS if you have symptoms, have been around people with symptoms, or if you've traveled to hot spots (follow CDC guidelines).
- Use of gloves is encouraged
- Follow standard LNCS guidelines regarding weather. No sailing if the wind forecast/gust forecast is over 12 knots or if the chance of thunderstorms is 30% or greater. Nothing new here.
- Renew your membership via the drop box on the back porch. There are fresh waivers in the binder. We'll be checking the drop box periodically. If you're not sure what you owe, shoot an email to [email protected] or reply to this email and ask.
- If you have a life threatening emergency call 911 as you normally wpuld. For any other urgent needs dial (704) 909-8929 (Sean).
Call (704) 947-7245 or email us at [email protected] if you need assistance. Thank you for your patience through all of this. I'm excited to be so close to re-opening.
(704) 947-7245 Office