LEARN TO SAIL
Who Takes This Class: The boat is stable, accommodating to different body types and ages and is the boat that most Pass Holders sail once they are qualified.
You do not have to be a Member to take a class. Dates are subject to change. Must have at least two students registered for a class to take place. You CAN sign up as an individual and we pair you with another student. No classes in August.
- Duration: Two Day 7 hour class, 3.5 hours of instruction each day OR One Day 7 hour class, plus 1 hour lunch break
- Cost: $300/person includes Learn Sailing Right book
- Student Instructor Ratio: 2:1 per boat
- Prerequisites: None
- Boat: Flying Scot - 19' dinghy
2019 Weekend Schedule:
- April 13-14, 1:00-4:30pm
- April 20-21, 1:00-4:30pm
- May 11-12, 8:30am-Noon
- May 25-26, 8:30am-Noon
- June 15th, ONE DAY CLASS, 8:30am-4:30pm
- June 29-30, 8:30am-Noon
- July 13-14, 8:30am-Noon
- July 27-28, 8:30am-Noon
- September 7, ONE DAY CLASS, 8:30am-4:30pm (FULL)
- September 28-29, 8:30am-Noon (FULL)
- October 5-6, 1:00-4:30pm (FULL)
- October 26-27, 1:00-4:30pm
- November 9-10, 1:00-4:30pm
- November 23-24, 1:00-4:30pm
- If class is shortened or canceled due to weather, we will reschedule the remaining time at a later date.
- Class fee is NON-REFUNDABLE but is transferable. Make up classes will be offered in the event of class cancellation due to non-sailable weather conditions.
- Payment MUST BE RECEIVED by the Wednesday before class begins.
- You will get your book on the first day of class. If you like you may drop by our office at Blythe Landing Park to pick it up. We do not mail books.
Click the "Register" icon below to create an account and register for a class.
2018 Weekday Classes:
- Classes are scheduled upon request.
- Classes are held on 2 consecutive weekdays.
- Please click here to put your name on the sign-up sheet for a WEEKDAY class and list your preferred weekday dates.
- ALSO please email the office at [email protected] to let us know you are interested in a weekday class.
- You do not have to sign up with a partner but we must have at least 2 students to hold a class. We will contact you to coordinate dates when at least two students have signed up.
- If you are requesting a class date within 7 days of signing up please call the office at (704) 947-7245.